Land and Sky Grains is a progressive grain farm committed to empowering sustainable agriculture and is seeking a full time Farm Equipment Operator.
Are you an excellent equipment operator, knowledgeable about leading agriculture production methods and technology? Are you looking for a full-time opportunity on a team that respects work-life balance, family focus, and sustainable agriculture? If this description fits you then this role is right for you.
Our Farm Equipment operators are responsible for daily farm operations including operating farm equipment, hauling grain, and maintenance of both farm equipment and properties.
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment;
- Plant, and tillage operations;
- Perform general farm duties;
- Harvest crops;
- Fertilize and spray crops;
- Haul grain;
- Work with the team to maintain equipment and shop; including daily preventative maintenance and winter repair and service;
- Use technology hardware/software for efficient task completion and accurate data collection;
- Maintain farm and landowner properties, including shop space and yard;
- Safely and efficiently operate a variety of power hand tools and large farm equipment;
- Participate in inventory management and communicate needs with manager;
- Maintain a neat and safe work environment;
- Provide suggestions for improvements that will create greater efficiency of farm operations.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Ability to frequently lift and carry items up to 50 lbs;
- Willing and able to work outside in all weather conditions;
- Class 5 Drivers license;
Starting wage is competitive and is contingent upon experience. There will be periodic wage reviews and the ability to move within the scale. Career advancement / specialization opportunities will be available for high performing employees in the following areas: operations, trucking, mechanics/welding, technology and GIS.
In addition, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes WCB (Worker’s Compensation Benefit), an iPad, education and training, very flexible winter hours, and other compensation, as applicable. If you are a hunter our farm offers ample hunting grounds with preferential access for employees.
Interested candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements, including wage expectations to: email@example.com
We retain all applications (in confidence) for a minimum of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.