Barrich Farms (1994) Ltd. is a large grower of high quality seed and table potatoes, located in Outlook, Saskatchewan. We are currently accepting applications from individuals interested in working with us as our Potato Wash Plant Supervisor.
Under the close direction of farm management, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- operating & maintaining equipment on the potato wash line (training will be provided where necessary), performing minor repairs to equipment as required.
- planning the daily schedule of the wash plant, supervising staff & assigning work duties.
- monitoring potato quality & supporting food safety program standards at all times.
- managing inventory effectively and efficiently.
- maintaining accurate paper records at all times (shipping, receiving, inventory, door sales, food safety checklists, health and safety checklists, etc).
- assisting with the grading & shipping of potatoes, operating a forklift as required.
- Grade 12 high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Valid class 5 (passenger vehicle) driver's license.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment, with tight deadlines.
- A positive attitude and good work ethic, with appreciation for the fact that farming is an occupation that sometimes requires extensive hours of work, seven days a week.
Desirable Assets (not required, but helpful):
- Post-secondary education/training in agriculture.
- One (1) year, or more, of potato farm work experience.
- Forklift operation/safety certification.
- First Aid/CPR/WHMIS/OH&S or a combination of these.
Our farm offers starting wages commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our farm offers competitive and comprehensive benefits to individuals who prove their abilities and dedication while employed with us. These benefits can be discussed following the completion of a three (3) month probationary work period.
On-farm housing, if required, is available in a multi-room complex, with individual rooms and shared kitchen and laundry areas.