Raptor Enterprises is searching for a Farm Operations Manager! This person will manage a team of employees in an effective and time efficient way while producing the highest quality of crops. Our family owned and operated farm is located about 11 miles north-west of Hafford SK., approximately a 45 minute drive East of North Battleford and approximately 75 minutes from Saskatoon. Our 40,000 acre grain operation varies in crops seeded, but normally includes canola, oats, wheat, lentils, hemp, and peas and operates the newest and most advanced equipment and technologies. We employ 11-14 year round, full-time employees and seasonally can range from 22-32 employees.
Hafford offers most necessary amenities such as gas stations, grocery store, churches, bar, bistro restaurant, K-12 school, small RCMP detachment, and a primary health care centre with doctors, lab techs, nurse practitioners, and nursing home. North Battleford is our nearest city and provides almost every amenity possible.
What You'll Do:
- Be the lead for all farm workers throughout the growing season.
- Train employees how to properly operate and maintain equipment.
- Delegate and clearly communicate the necessary tasks to be accomplished.
- Utilize your knowledge of grain production to define the field operations and crop production plan.
- Provide input about the future needs of the farm, including equipment and employees.
What We're Looking For:
- Ideally have 3-5 years of experience working on a farm, with a few years in a managerial position.
- General knowledge of overall farm operations. Including how to maximize yields, manage costs, improve soil health and much more.
- Can effectively communicate goals and problem solve with any issues that arise.
- Motivating, energetic and can lead a team!
- Adaptable, as no two days will be the same.
- Able to make decisions that will benefit the farm.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established farm in a large role! Our ideal candidate may have the opportunity to attain equity into the farm, this will be discussed upon start date. If this is a position you would be interested in, please apply today!
No health benefits are currently offered, but there is potential for discussion on the matter. Our employees are paid well for their work and their bonuses reflect our appreciation for them. Other benefits would include annual staff appreciation events and trip every second year.
We are very generous in our inclusion of living arrangements. We have two homes that are shared with other employees, along with other possibilities, such as lease to own. We are happy to assist in helping the successful applicant search for housing in our area. The two shared homes are within close proximity to the farmyard, which cuts out any sort of commute to work.