Located in Hussar, AB, 4-C's Farms is hiring a Farm Equipment Operator! This 5800-acre farm grows mainly wheat and canola, with numerous seasonal employees. The town of Hussar offers a grocery store, a brand new school, and other basic amenities. In addition to this, it is only an hour East of Calgary! This position offers a housing option, a work vehicle, and meals in the field.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Operating a 66ft or 60 ft Paralink drill (tow between or tow behind) for seeding
- Operating 550 Quad track
- Operating a 591 Monitor or X30 Monitor
- Consideration will be given to applicants that have similar experience close to this type of equipment.
- Basic maintenance and repairs.
What We're Looking For:
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take direction.
- Agricultural equipment operation experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Self-motivated and willing to work long hours during peak season.
- Must be physically able to perform tasks such as unplugging drills independently.
- Class 1A license is an asset.
- Experience maintaining and repairing equipment is an asset.
We ask that you do not smoke in any equipment.
Lodging and meals will be provided free of charge while in the field
This is a temporary position with a possibility of full time, if desired.
Must be ready to work to prepare for seeding by approximately April 14th.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $26.00 to $35.00 /hour
Housing and Meals when in the field
1200 sq ft Modular Home (to be shared with one other worker) 3 bedrooms and 2 bath home.
Vehicle is to be used to drive to farm homestead and back to lodging only. Farm truck.