Want to be a part of an innovative, driven farm operation? Do you want to be on the leading edge of technology, growing a diverse set of crops, and be apart of a great team?
Leguee Farms is seeking an employee for the 2020 growing season! This will include the months of April through November, but start and end dates are flexible. We are NOT hiring for full-time employment.
What we're looking for:
- An individual keen to learn new things and share knowledge
- Unafraid of hard work and long hours
- A willingness to have fun and a positive outlook
- Initiative to take on whatever needs to be done
- Someone who loves the outdoors
What you'll do:
- Operate farm machinery of various types and sizes
- Help out with yard and tree care
- Assist with equipment repairs and maintenance
- Work as a part of a team in planting, caring for, and harvesting a crop
What you'll need:
- Passion for agriculture and initiative
- Class 1 license and previous farm experience is an asset but not a requirement
- A desire to learn and a willingness to listen
We are a progressive grain, oilseed and pulse farm nestled between the small town of Fillmore and the city of Weyburn, Saskatchewan. We are also close to the capital city of Regina (one hour away). We currently grow a mix of crops over 15,500 acres of land, spanning more than 35 miles from corner to corner, with a variety of soil types throughout. You will be a part of a growing family farm with 5 full-time staff and other seasonal employees - a team driven by performance to be on the leading edge of Western Canadian agriculture. We are always trying new things, with a number of experiments and trials on-going every year. We are focused on building an enduring business to carry on to the next generation. Our core ideology is as follows:
- Never stop learning; strive for continuous improvement
- Share a positive story
- Fanatical, yet realistic, attention to detail
- Be quick, but don’t hurry
- Honesty and integrity
- Pursuit of excellence in everything we do
To improve and enrich the lives of our families, our soils, our communities and the agriculture industry.
Compensation will be based on skills and experience. Training will be provided and compensation has upside for those motivated to work hard and learn.
Learn more at www.legueefarms.com
Vehicle is available if required. Business use only unless explicit permission is given.