JJD Farms Ltd. is currently looking for an individual who can work in a family environment, work independently while also being a team player. The position is currently available for the fall of 2018 but has the possibility of growing into a permanent position.
What you will do:
- Operate farm equipment, daily tasks including but not limited to tillage, seeding, spraying, harvesting, and grain hauling.
- Work with the team to maintain equipment, including daily preventative
- Use technology hardware/software for efficient task completion and accurate data collection.
- Maintain farm and landowner properties, as assigned.
- Provide suggestions for improvements that will create greater efficiency of farm operations.
- Participate in inventory management and communicate needs with manager.
What we are looking for:
- Organized multi-tasker who can deal with ambiguity
- Team player motivated to continuously improve skills and share knowledge
- Drive for quality, service and accuracy
- Ability to connect and build relationships
What you will need:
- Class 1 Drivers License would be an asset but not necessary
- Mechanical ability would be an asset
- Love for agriculture
- 3-5 years experience operating equipment
Compensation is based on skill level and experience and can result in full time employment.
Our farm is a multi-generational, 11,000 grain farm located in central Saskatchewan and is minutes from town and only a half hour from Regina, Saskatchewan. The town is driven by passionate business persons and volunteers and families enjoy a wide range of recreational activities, renewed health and emergency services as well as popular annual events.
Accommodations can be provided if needed.
On farm vehicle will be provided.