As a working Foreman, you lead by example by working with both the Service Manager and the Service Technicians to contribute to the customer experience. You assist in coordinating and directing the workload of the Service Department for maximum efficiency and productivity while providing quality work. You mentor Technicians while working as a Senior Technician and provide input on their skills and training needs.
Behaviours to be successful:
- Personable and working for the greater good of the team
- Leadership abilities by mentoring technicians and holding them accountable while keeping a calm disposition
- Enjoy problem solving and information gathering
- Strong customer focus
- Neat and tidy performing work in an organized fashion
- Able to multi task and switch gears from Technician to Foreman
- Good written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups
- 3+ year’s experience as a Service Technician in an Agriculture dealership
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Journeyman
- Familiar with servicing John Deere equipment preferred
- Comfortable with computers
- Agriculture Equipment Technician certificate a strong asset
- Forklift license preferred
Duties include but not limited to:
- Liaise between the Service Manager and the Technicians to communicate assignment of jobs and work area providing feedback on performance as necessary
- May coordinate and schedule all in-house technican training, conduct regular meetings with staff and fill in for the Service Manager as required
- Assists in the appraisal and estimates of repairs, directs and assist technicians in the diagnosis of machines and participates in conducting the work as time and work allows
- Completes or reviews paperwork for accuracy and completeness and may inspect and approve the release of equipment
- Has face to face contact with customers on behalf of the Technicians
For almost 60 years, Nelson Motors & Equipment has been a growing, family-owned, John Deere dealership spanning 5 locations in SE Saskatchewan. We believe in taking care of our people by offering career development, competitive compensation, matched pension, bonuses and comprehensive benefits package. We pride ourselves on bridging our core family values to our customers through our great people.
We offer comprehensive health benefits, life and disability insurance, company matched RRSP investments and other benefits that may be applicable such as allowances for boots, cell phone, vehicle depending on position.
A company vehicle and fuel card is available for field visits, training and other work-related travel.