LAST REVISED: JUNE 2018
At Workhorse, your privacy is important to us. When you visit our website or create an account seeking an employer or employee in the agriculture industry, we collect, manage and disclose personal information that belongs to you – and we take that responsibility very seriously.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We can’t help you find a new job or a new employee without gathering some information about you and/or your business. That information may come from you, from third parties, or via your use of the Services.
Information you provide
You’ll be providing personal information when you use the Services and create a Workhorse account or profile. That information may include:
- Your name, address, email addresses, notification preferences, phone numbers, and login or password details.
- Your interests, skills and the sort of things you would typically include in a resume.
- A photo of you. That means we may also have to access your camera or photo album, whether on your phone, tablet or computer.
- If you make a purchase from us or subscribe to a paid service, your financial information, such as credit or debit card details, and payment service provider information.
- Any information you publish along with your account or when you use the Services generally. Please be careful: you’ll be voluntarily disclosing personal information on a publicly viewable website and that information could be collected by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with that information.
Information we get from others
We might also receive information about you from others, such as:
- Other users of the Services may provide information about you as they use the Services and we may collect information about you from other users if they contact Workhorse about you.
- Social media. You can create and log into your Workhorse account using your Facebook or Google logins. You can share some information from those sources with us.
Information we collect via your use of the Services
We may collect information about you when you use the Services. For example:
- Information about the device you use to access the Services, such as your computer, phone or tablet, or information about your operating system, browser type and IP address.
- We collect information about how you use the Services, such as when you log in, the features you use, and your referring webpage.
- Identifiers associated with cookies or other similar technologies that could identify you or your devices, such as your phone, computer or tablet. These technologies remember your preferences and settings and, in general, we use this information to improve your experience when using the Services.
Special Categories of Information
We will not request that you provide, and do not want to collect, any “special” categories of personal information, such as information that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, health information or information concerning your sex life, sexual orientation or history of criminal convictions.
If you willingly provide sensitive information that falls into a “special” category, you will be consenting to our processing of that information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In general, we want to use your information to deliver and improve the Services. Specifically, we use your personal information to:
- Administer your Workhorse account, provide customer support, respond to your requests, complete transactions and communicate with you, if necessary.
- Display your account via the Services and connect you with potential employers or employees.
- Conduct testing or research with respect to the Services and analyze trends in how the Services are used. We also use your information to develop new features and improve the Services.
- Provide you with relevant offers and advertisements.
- Comply with the law, assist law enforcement or enforce our legal rights, such as when we have to rely on our Terms of Service.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
To effectively provide the Services, we may have to share your information in certain circumstances, such as:
- Disclosing it to service providers that assist us with analysing trends, such as which parts of the Services you use most.
- Providing personal information to third parties that help us monitor system performance or identify and address technical problems or errors.
- When required to do so by law. Last updated: June, 2018
- For corporate transactions, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of Workhorse’s assets. If that happens, we’ll let you know.
- With your consent. In some cases, we may ask if it’s OK to share your information with third parties.
Trust us: If we can provide the Services without revealing your information to anyone, we will. If we have to disclose your personal information, we’ll take steps to ensure the recipients are using appropriate security measures and we’ll only disclose information if it is reasonable to do so.
We will never sell your personal information.
HOW DO WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION?
We use appropriate storage, encryption and processing practices to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, collection, use and disclosure. We closely monitor our systems for vulnerabilities and attacks.
Our staff-members are trained to understand the importance of privacy and will use your information only to the extent necessary to provide the Services.
We only retain personal information for reasonable amounts of time and only for as long as necessary to provide the Services, as required by law. We delete your information when you delete your account, unless we have to keep it to comply with applicable laws, there is an outstanding issue or claim that requires us to keep it until resolved, or the information must be retained for legitimate business purposes.
We will use appropriately safe measures, and keep your information’s sensitivity in mind, when we destroy or dispose of it.
Your privacy is important to us and we go to great lengths to safeguard your information. We review our security measures regularly and will update them as our business, the law and technology develop. That said, no information storage or transfer technique is perfect and we can’t guarantee 100% security of your personal information.
Privacy Officer: Morgan Knezacek